Today is my due date – and here we still are waiting 🙂 I’ve had a lovely week chilling, preparing, waiting – here’s a quick overview…
Health – blood pressure has remained high and I’ve had it checked every few days but still no other symptoms of pre-eclampsia.
Labour symptoms – only a few feelings like period pains and a bit of backache… my body must be getting ready but Bean doesnt seem to be in a rush!
Sleep – 3 times in the last week I’ve been wide awake at 4-5am and a couple of times I’ve just ended up getting up and sitting downstairs with a cuppa and the news. I haven’t even had naps those days but I have been tired in the evenings – I have a bath most nights! I’m glad Bean is due this time of year as the sun and birds are getting up when I get up 😉
It can take me a while to nod off at night so as well as a lavender bath and lavender candle in the room, we’ve actually started using Bean’s sleep aid – the tranquil turtle – and it’s lovely – wave noises and relaxing lights for about 20 mins = bliss! This was recommended to us by friends and I’ve since bought it for a couple of good friends, let’s hope it works for our Bean too!
Oh, I forgot to say in the last few updates – over the last few weeks, I’ve started snoring! My OH think it’s hilarious, apparently I quite often wake myself up by snoring – lol!
Also, I’ve had a few dreams where I thought my waters have broken but there’s not been a peep there…
Stretchmarks – still none, yay!
Highlights from the last week
- Treated myself to a bump photoshoot – photos and post to follow once I have them – but it was a really enjoyable hour in the park posing and making Bean feel like a star 😉 (it was nice rubbing him/her for an hour!)
- had a pedicure and free facial at the Vanity rooms in Cardiff – both treatments were VERY relaxing, I felt great afterwards and now my toes will be pretty for labour = bonus! Only cost about £45 for 2 hours of relaxing, I’d recommend Georgia if you go there…
What else we’ve been up to
- It’s not just me who’s been nesting – my other half has been doing lots of DIY and cleaning getting the house ready for our new arrival! I did some light gardening as I wanted to do some planting as I won’t get a chance once Bean is here and I didn’t want to miss my window!
- trying to eat dates (supposed to be good for labour etc) but I don’t really like them – I do like them wrapped in bacon as I discovered….
Purchases, gifts and freebies
- Bought some elephant fabric from eBay for the nursery – we plan to make curtains/drapes and god knows what else out of them!
- Bought an elephant door stop from Homebase (I think it was £15) – just *had* to have it! Also from Homebase – elephant and owl pictures (£5)
- bought an exercise ball (Tesco c£7)
- finally picked up our bounty mum-to-be pack – wasn’t going to bother til I came across this post the other day – was chuffed with the freebies especially the hooded towel as we haven’t actually bought any bathing stuff yet!
- won (at random) £100 of John Lewis vouchers through the #GreatBritishHome challenge – was SO chuffed especially as we have seen a bathroom cupboard we want 🙂
So there we have it … Hopefully this time next week I can share my birth story with you? Or a story about trying out old wives tales to start labour? Or having a sweep? Time will tell 🙂
22 thoughts on “Week 40 pregnancy update – zero days to go!”
Good luck! I hope you have a gloriously easy ride through it all, and I’m looking forward to reading your next post. Also, nice toes!
Thank you and thank you! My toes are still looking good although she didn’t seem to trim them (or if she did not by much)…. I can’t wait til I can reach them and trim them again lol! Xx
I used to get up in the middle of the night. I’d often wake my other half up and we’d sit up drinking raspberry leaf tea and just spending that time together. We actually miss it now but far too tired to do it anymore! Good luck with your labour!
Oh that’s sweet! I let my other half sleep as I keep telling him he needs to store up his energy 🙂
And I bought raspberry leaf capsules but couldn’t take them cos of my blood pressure 😦
Fingers crossed for a good labour regardless tho, thanks for your thoughts 🙂
Happy Due Date!! I can’t wait to hear your birth story. 😀
Ooooo how exciting!! Happy due date to you!! Hope however long you have left is smooth sailing 🙂 and your little bean arrives safely!!!
Thank you sweetie, just checked out your blog and now following… What a wonderful life you have! (Apart from cleaning up dead gekkos!!)
Are you from the uk originally? Xx
Ahhh thank you 🙂 yeah from the uk originally we’ve been here for not far off two years now!! Dead geckos are definitely a downside to living here haha xx
‘Mazin! I look forward to following your exotic life, glad you called by 🙂 xxx
Thanks lovey!!! You too 🙂 xx
Nearly there now!! I used to wake up in the middle of the night and bounce on my ball in front of the TV. May is a lovely time to have a new baby you will be able to take lots of lovely walks together. Will keep checking for your birth announcement and story, exciting times ahead!! Good luck. X
Thank you sweetie, I know, so lucky with the time of year and will keep everyone posted of the arrival!
I’m on my phone so couldn’t comment on your post but loved the holiday tips, hopefully I will need them in the near future 🙂
I hope that all goes well with your labour-a very exciting time!! I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your facial and pedicure. But dates and bacon??! 🙂 #BinkyLinky
Thanks bek….. If you’ve not tried dates wrapped in bacon try them next time you go to a tapas restaurant 🙂
I bet you can’t wait to meet Bean now. I’ve not heard of the tranquil turtle, will have a look at this. It sounds great. Thanks for linking up to the #binkylinky
Can’t wait to bring bean in 🙂 I would have put a link to the tranquil turtle but was having tech issues! Have a look for it on amazon…. Xx
Good luck my dear all the best eeeekkk! Xxxx
Thank you #eeeeeeeeek!
Good luck and fingers crossed things get moving for you soon!
Loving the colour on your toes very summery and pretty!
I am 34 weeks pregnant and fed up already lol although the no sleep and constant heartburn havnt helped lol! xx
Thanks jess 🙂 I was so lucky not to have heartburn during my pregnancy! The no sleep has been a killer and a bit unexpected, everyone tells you about morning sickness but nobody tells you about the tiredness!
Look forward to following your next few weeks 🙂 xx
Exciting times! I hope to hear your giving birth story too! #binkylinky
Thanks merlinda! Can’t wait to write it up…. It’s an epic 😉 x