I didn’t plan to enter many competitions on my blog but when I saw the Victoria Plumb #GreatBritishHome competition, I couldn’t resist as I love John Lewis so wanted to be in with a chance to win vouchers!
So I took the beautiful-looking quiz and I was pretty surprised when it said I am Mrs Glamorous and my style is most like Sam Faiers from TOWIE…
‘Everything about you screams glamour; you always look photo-ready, whether you are working out, shopping in designer boutiques or snuggled up at home in your designer onesie. You crave home comforts that make a statement – a faux fur blanket, embellished cushions and lots of crushed velvet. You use neutral shades mixed with metallic. Pride of place are family portraits, kitchen gadgets and the keys to your Range Rover.’
About 99% of this is not me at all – the only bits I can relate to are snuggling up in a onesie (non-designer), loving faux fur blankets and family portraits!
So what does the Great British Home mean to me?
Comfort, functionality, security, relaxation, lived-in, low-maintenance….
My ideal home would have….
- lots of natural light
- some period features – I love old fireplaces, parquet flooring and curtain rails etc
- house plants and family/holiday photos
- a large kitchen/diner with an island in the middle that became the heart of the home (I’m imagining lots of wood)… this would open out on to…
- another room in terms of a large garden with plenty of room for Bean and the cats to play in…teeming with pretty plants and shrubs… maybe a blossom tree… and plenty of nice-smelling, bee-friendly flowers like Lavender…
- a living room with comfy sofas and an open fire – the perfect place to snuggle up with wine and a movie in the winter
- bedrooms with large, comfy beds and calm, relaxing décor
- hallways/landing with large windows, I love those ones where you can sit on the windowsill and watch the world going by
- a large bathroom with a huge bath… maybe free-standing? maybe Jacuzzi-style?… and a powerful power shower
- a magic room which all the mess and clutter lives in and gets sorted out every few months…. DON’T OPEN THAT DOOR! 😉
- a happy family
- friendly, caring neighbours
- happy cats
What does the Great British Home mean to you and What’s your Celeb home style?!
This post is an entry for the #GreatBritishHome Challenge sponsored by Victoria Plumb, a source of quality bathrooms for every type of home. Take its “What’s Your Celebrity Home Style?” quiz to discover what your home says about you