15 days to go ’til due-date – what we’ve been up to…
It’s been a busy week for Bean, the other half and me….
- Had a scan a week ago to make sure baby was in the right position (as he/she was still in breech a few weeks before) – good news: Bean is head-down 🙂
- While we were there, my blood pressure was a bit high which the consultant was a bit worried about so I’ve had to go up to the hospital to get it checked 3 times since then (yesterday’s reading was ok at 148/95 but still a bit high) – we’ll be back up there again today
- Had the whopping cough vaccination
- Had a hospital tour (both wards: midwife-led (amazing!!) and consultant-led)
- Had a fun afternoon out with my team, learning how to decorate cupcakes
- Finished work yesterday
- Pretty much finished the new kitchen
- Chose which outfits we’re taking to the hospital for Bean 🙂
I also had a busy but lovely weekend catching up with friends and going to a lovely christening.. and all the time, the sun has been shining 🙂
Things I’ve learnt in the last few weeks about pregnancy, myself and blood pressure!
These things aren’t great for blood pressure so late in your pregnancy:
- Sending your work handover emails just a couple of days before you finish
- Still clearing your desk minutes before you need to finish work
- Travelling to London for your last vendor meeting just a week before you finish work
- Giving a presentation to 60-70 peers in your last week (and just doing the slides that morning, and not practising!)
- Having a new kitchen fitted 😉
Having said all that, I’m actually surprised that my blood pressure is a bit high – I feel pretty good but the things listed above were probably on my mind… to offset it I went back to NCT yoga this week, and I’ve been reading ‘Spiritual Midwifery’ (Ina May Gaskin) and ‘Hypnobirthing’ Marie Mongan) – more on those in another post but they have both helped to relax me!
Any other pregnancy updates?
Total weight gained: 2 stone (28 lbs/12.8 kgs)
New purchases: TENS machine (still in box), PJ bottoms for hospital
Baby’s movement: Plenty, especially during the early hours of the morning
Sleep: see above
- see photos for work gifts (I’m a very lucky girl),
- we also picked up the car seat and moses basket which friends are very kindly lending us
- my friend Fran gave us a really cute babygro from John Lewis
- my friend Zoe gave us some handy towels for the changing mat, a teddy that Bean can play with from day 1, very cute scratch mitts and she lent me another book and gave me some nipple cream 🙂