1. A few weeks ago, in a mist of sleep-deprived baby brain, I did a little food shop the other side of town. I got home and realised I had left the 2 shopping bags in the car park, right next to where my car was! A sheepish phone call to check if they’d been handed in, and an hour’s round trip later, I was reunited with them!!
Is that the silliest thing I can blame baby brain on?
2. In another car park incident a few months prior, I went shopping for an hour not realising that I’d left one of my car doors wide open!
It got me wondering about the silliest things other mums had done because of baby brain so I asked my fellow bloggers…. there are some corkers here!
3. Today I sent a pitching email to a company I was really keen to work with; it was a really good pitch, but I forgot my attachment, so had to send an email apologising profusely with a red face and told them I had re-attached (I hadn’t again). I tried again, apologising yet again and would you believe it, I’ve forgotten again. I’m too embarrassed to send a fourth email…. bloody baby brain. http://www.lifewithboys.co.uk
4. Does 4 kids and no rational thinking left count…..’cause we missed our flight home from Spain due to me not checking the tickets properly!! Never seen my kids move their arses so quick 😂 http://www.everyonesbuckstopshere.co.uk
5. I’ve tried looking for my glasses. They were on my face. My eyes were blurry because they were so tired. Http://lesbemums.com
6. I forgot my mobile number, it completely left my head. It would be understandable but I had had the same number for 14 years! http://www.winnettes.com
7. In the early baby days I put the dog bowl in the microwave and almost gave the meal I was meant to be heating up to the dog! http://www.suburban-mum.com
8. I recently turned up to a baby group half an hour after it had finished before going to the opticians on the wrong day for my appointment! I’m now back at work as a teacher and my class even say “is it baby brain again?” When I mess things up/can’t remember! https://littlebigandme.wordpress.com
9. Today almost 15 months after having Freddie I left my house keys at my mums after staying with her. Not so bad but I only realised when we were five minutes drive from my house! Lucky mum had her key otherwise it would have been a 60 mile round trip to get mine! http://mummytomylittlecheekymonkey.blogspot.co.uk
10. I threw dog food into the washing machine. Not sure if I was trying to feed the dog or put the washing on, I couldn’t remember which needed doing! http://www.fizzypeaches.com
11. I set my phone alarm for pm instead of am and missed my early morning train to London for an important work conference. Fortunately my employer saw the funny side! The taxi driver who was sat outside my house at 5am however did not. http://www.nomipalony.com
12. At work I exchanged on a property purchase without getting a new mortgage offer so we were £180k down on the day of completion, luckily we managed to get it sorted in the end! http://www.hellobeautifulbear.com
13. Put a bunch of cards in the post without any stamps, including a Mother’s Day card which I had written Happy Birthday in … It was a bad day when everyone started receiving their cards! http://emmaandfamily.co.uk
14. Took our dog for a walk to the woodland park at the end of the street. Only when I got there I’d picked up the lead and forgot the dog Www.beingmumbeingme.co.uk
15. I tried turning my husband down with the TV remote not long after having my first baby. He looked at me like I was absolutely crackers and I still couldn’t work out why he was laughing at me! http://www.belledubrighton.co.uk
16. 34 weeks pregnant I drove to the shop because I had crippling spd and could barely walk but NEEDED MINTS, bought my much needed extra strong mints (craving) and walked home bemoaning my painful hips… Put the key in the door and realised I’d left the car at the shop! Spent the next 6 weeks worrying I was going to leave my baby somewhere after she arrived! Blog.monkey-feet.com
17. I put a new packet of frozen veg in the cupboard rather than the freezer.. unfortunately didn’t realise until the next day 🤢 I couldn’t even blame my husband for it as it was me who unpacked the shopping!! http://www.mamawilkos.com
18. I flew to see my brother for the weekend. Went to the airport to fly home and couldn’t work out why my boarding card wouldn’t let me through to security. When I checked it I had booked my return flight for the day before! To be fair I had an 18 month old who didn’t sleep and was 5 months pregnant at the time. I managed to get home but it was a very expensive mistake 😂 http://tobygoesbananas.co.uk/
19. I took my new daughter downstairs, after my c-section, in the pram. 48 stairs, no lift and no-one to help. Anyway, I kept feeling like something was wrong. Got to the bottom and realised… I’m wearing no shoes. The long climb back up for my shoes was horrendous. http://www.katykicker.com 🙂
20. £80 of petrol in my diesel car was probably my most expensive baby brain incident, and the £150 it cost to have it drained. 😬 http://www.fivelittledoves.com
21. Just a couple of days ago whilst driving to a play date I worried there was something very wrong with my car.. it was losing power and slowing down. Then I realised my foot was on the brake and not the accelerator 🙈 http://www.thesparklenest.com
22. I spent 15 minutes trying to get my contact lenses out of my eyes….I’d already done it a few minutes prior to this. http://www.clareslittletots.co.uk/blog
23. I lost my car keys when I was pregnant with my first. We didn’t have a spare set so had to order them from VW and I had to drive my husbands car (who had to get a lift to work). It was a total pain. I found the keys a month later – in the freezer!! I wasn’t in Ells good books for a while. Www.Somewhereaftertherainbow.Co.Uk
24. I lost my baby, panicked I couldn’t find her. She was on my back on the sling and I was shhhsing her at the time 😂Www.mummieswaiting.com
These made me smile! What’s the silliest thing you’ve done because of baby brain?!! Please do leave your funny stories in the comments section!