You might have noticed our lovely new changing bag in my hospital bag post… We used it for baby S’s first clothes, nappies etc in hospital….
Now we’ve finally had our first outing as a family of four (only to our local shopping outlet!) we got to try it out properly
Is this the best changing bag ever?!
I absolutely love this changing bag for so many reasons:
- It’s like a tardis – doesn’t look overly big from the outside but it’s really roomy on the inside!
- It has separate sections and bags on the inside which is great for finding specific stuff, avoiding leakage/contamination etc! That includes a nappy bag, bottle insulator, strap for keys…
- It has 4 strap options – the small handle on top, pram straps, shoulder strap for carrying/hanging on pram and the very handy rucksack option!
- I love the design and choice of plain/neutral colours… I don’t think it’s overly feminine which is handy for when daddy is using it!
- Great price… RRP is £64.99 but they’re currently on sale at Smyths Toys for £48.99 – I think this is fantastically competitive compared to other changing bags on the market
- Despite the low price, it feels like a really high quality product – feels well-made and long-lasting all over including little bits of detail like the zippers
Is this the most spacious changing bag ever?!
For our first outing we managed to fit into the bag our usual kit:
- Spare outfit for Toddler W
- Spare outfit for baby S
- 3 nappies for W
- 5 nappies for S
- 2 x Muslin sheets
- Bottle for baby S
- Bottle of water and snack pack for W
- Pack of baby wipes
- Some of W’s toy cars
- My wallet and keys!
It all fitted in with plenty of space which is brilliant! If I’ve only got one of the boys with me, there should be plenty of space to use for some bits of shopping etc 😀
I’ve only got a very small Next bag to compare it to, but this Tots by SmarTrike bag smashes that one out of the park! I can’t think of anything negative to say about this toTs by SmarTrike bag although I don’t have any other premium ones to compare it to. It smashes my cheap, little Next one out of the park! What do you guys think of it?
Disclaimer: I was given this bag in exchange for a review, but as always all opinions are my own!
Linked up to Tried and Tested and #KCACOLS
14 thoughts on “REVIEW: toTs by SmarTrike Chic Blue Mélange changing bag ”
thats a lovely changing bag – so many of them have such hideous designs you wouldnt be seen dead with them normally! this one is v respectable and obv very roomy too which is super important , since you need to pack for a week to leave the house for 30 mins! #kcacols
I can not believe how much you managed to fit in this bag!!I have a baby on the way and am searching for the perfect changing bag. Last time around I just had the free one from boots baby club. Need something much bigger this time as I need to fit in all the baby stuff and all the things my toddler needs too. This one looks perfect xx #TriedTested
this bag reminds me of our baba bing bag or whatever it was called. it held so much and was a similar colour. personally if there is a next time here, I want a girly bag haha! Thanks so much for linking up at #KCACOLS. Hope you come back again next Sunday 🙂
I love this as it is not too huge to carry but gig enough to put everything in..It is also not a overly kiddy design but looks like a nice handbag..you have them for a good couple of years so an investment in a good changing bag is worth it! #KCACOLS
Very cool bag! I love your review, it had so many photos and you can really see what the product will be like, Thanks! #KCACOLS
Wow this bag is indeed like the Tardis! Glad to see you could fit a decent amount in and still have room to spare – a must when you have a baby and a toddler! #KCACOLS
Wow wish I knew about this bag when I had my two! It looks like it can fit loads in. I have a over shoulder one and while its okay its just not comfy to carry! #KCACOLS
That is such a cute changing bag and doesnt look too mumsy either, so daddy can carry it too haha #KCACOLS
Having two littlies myself it was interesting to read your blog post and discover what goes into your bag. I also like the fact that the bag appears small but is actually spacious.#KCACOLS
It does seem you can fit in a lot! I love the rucksack option #KCACOLS
I love the look, shake & colour of the bag. I also love bags within bags! If only I was having another (I’m not sure getting a lovely changing bag is a good enough reason!) #KCACOLS
I like the rucksack feature, that’s pretty awesome. #kcacols
This looks like a Mary Poppins bag! I could do with one of those! x #KCACOLS
Thanks for sharing that it was on offer – just ordered this bag in grey from Smyths. I’ve had my eye on it ever since reading so many good reviews. 🙂 x