I was kindly nominated by Zena’s Suitcase for this award… For those not in the know, a Liebster Award is an award for bloggers to give to other bloggers. It’s a way to say, “Hey, I like your blog!” It’s a bit like a chain letter, I answer 11 questions and then nominate more bloggers with less than 500 followers to answer my 11 questions. So here’s my answers first off…
1) What’s the best thing about social media?
I love and hate it for a range of personal and professional reasons but the best thing about it has to be the ability to easily stay in touch and keep updated from friends and acquaintances around the world!
2) If your blog had a personality, how would you describe it?
- Easy-going (by that I mean, this blog will only ever be a hobby so I don’t think I give it the same TLC as a lot of other bloggers – I publish awful photos etc :))
- helpful (hopefully ;))
- private (I don’t put baby photos on here)
3) Which of your children’s toys would you rather had never been invented?
My baby is too small to think of anything for this, although the music on his playgym does get annoying from time-to-time, there’s no way we could be without it!
4) What’s your best blog post title/headline?
Hmmm I can’t think of anything that really stands out here – probably ‘Co-sleeping – a common reality and guilty secret?’ as it was first ‘opinion piece’ which I published as it was hitting the news, so it got quite a bit of traffic
5) If you could only give one tip to another blogger what would it be?
Check how your blog looks on a smartphone e.g. iPhone. I read so many blogs that aren’t using the ‘mobile template’ and they hurt my eyes – so much zooming in etc! I think blogger and wordpress both have mobile settings which you can switch on :)
6) Would you pick the scenic route or the fastest route when going on holiday?
Ha – I would choose scenic but my other half would choose fastest and as he normally drives, he would win :)
7) What do you do with your blog when you go on holiday?
My blog takes a holiday too!
8) Where do you get your inspiration from for your posts?
Real-life! My regular updates are a bit of a diary for me, more than anyone else! My product reviews are all things I use that I want to tell other mums about, as I’ve found reviews so useful when I’ve been researching products. So I don’t just review things that brands ask me to review, I review stuff that we use or things I’ve bought.
9) If you were told you couldn’t no longer blog right now, what would you do?
Keep a better diary, maybe do some scrapbooks or something :)
10) When do you spend the most time on your blog?
I only blog when baby’s asleep in the daytime and as he only takes short naps now, that is quite a challenge!
11) If you could be reincarnated as any animal, what would you be and why?
A cat – I love cats – and look how much sleep they get!
Who am I nominating?
I’m not quite sure what the rules are about nominating (does 500 followers mean Twitter followers) and how many other bloggers I’m supposed to nominate but I’m just going to nominate 2 bloggers that I’ve just discovered over the last few weeks… both are relatively new…
Mousedogbaby - has just moved to Wales (not too far from me – we WILL meet!) and has not long had a baby
Clare at milkandsandcastles – is an ex-pat living in the glamorous Dubai with her new baby
So there you go – explore Wales and Dubai and follow these 2 bloggers! I love the questions I was given, so I’d love to see your answers to the same questions ladies :)