A week ago I set myself the challenge of cutting down on my iPhone usage as I was finding myself getting addicted to checking things like Facebook and Twitter a million times a day!
So how did I get on?
- By leaving my phone in a different room for most of the day and only checking it during naptime I am definitely using it less – the temptation has gone!
- However, I realised how much I use it for other things like the camera, notebook and baby apps – so I’m using an old school notebook and pen – old school, I love it!
- I unfollowed some of the parenting groups that I’m a member of, on Facebook – if I ever have a bored half hour I can check them, but they won’t clog up my feed (it turns out these are the only updates I ever seem to get as most non-parents are in work or living their lives lol!)
- Although I don’t think I’m missing much on Facebook, I do miss getting involved in some of the Twitter banter with other mums etc!
- First thing in the morning is the hardest – baby W has taken to getting us up at 7-7.30 and I’m like a zombie til about 10 – my usual fix is breakfast TV, the Wright Stuff, lots of tea and my phone – that’s been the hardest habit to break
- I still find myself checking it when I go to bed… this is bad for ‘sleep hygiene’ and I’m tempted to leave it downstairs but it does come in handy for nightfeeds so we’ll see…
Overall result? I like to think I’m slightly less addicted, and if baby W is old enough to take note I hope he has noticed 🙂
Have you tried cutting down too? Any tips you can share with us?!