Our little baby W turned 9 weeks on Saturday and as usual we’ve had a fab, busy few weeks: W’s development
- At his 8week weigh-in, his first for over a month he weighed in at a whopping 11lb 14 oz…. He’s jumped from the 25th percentile to the 75th! The doctor checked his reflexes etc and everything’s good… We were all chuffed with his weight!
- Last week he had his first jabs, the nurses were fab… One on each side while I held him and they were very quick and soothing! He cried for a minute or so then slept for hours!
- We started using his jungle play gym for the first time last week…. It’s fab seeing him looking up and around at all the various toys, and he’s sort of trying to grab stuff
- Talking of grabbing, he has a teddy/comforter that he now loves to bits… So cute how he holds on to it while sleeping, feeding, playing and trying to use it to cover his face when he’s tired!
- We’ve started chatting! When he coos, we coo back at him and it turns into little chats… Again, so cute!!
- Sleep? Generally he sleeps for 3 hours between about 12 and 3am, then wakes up every couple of hours, but only for short feeds (about 10 mins) so hoping this means he’s getting closer to sleeping through… And he always has a big feed about 10-11pm. A couple of times he’s slept for 4 hours so I think we’re getting there slowly…. Not entirely sure if he’s hungry in the early hours as the feeds are quite short or whether he just wants comfort so not sure if a dummy would get him back to sleep just as easily?
- Every evening he has a grouchy hour or two when he cries whether he’s feeding or not… The health visitor suggested I might be a bit dehydrated and he’s crying when feeding as he’s not getting what he needs…. I’ve tried drinking more but doesn’t seem to have made a huge difference. His wind is at its worst this time of day too so I’m tempted to try something like infacol but haven’t succumbed to it yet. Any tips anyone?!
What else we’ve been up to…
- We went to our first mother and baby yoga group last week and loved it… My back’s been in bits for weeks so enjoyed the stretches, which we did over our babies so tickling them on the way up/down… Much fun! We did some moves on our little ones… I was mortified as I don’t the know the words to any of the nursery rhymes they use! The other 4 mums there were lovely and it’s in a perfect location (beautiful insole court, Cardiff) so I will definitely go back 🙂
- He still goes to Swimkidz every Saturday morning and on his 9week birthday he was let go underwater twice... Eek! He’s very calm in the water which is a great start!
- Lots more trips out… Shopping with mummy and aunty in the local designer outlet (cr*p celeb spot: Daniella Westbrook!), family day out to Margam park for the first time (lovely, defo will go back!), a coffee with mummy’s boss, his nanna’s retirement drinks in a busy pub on a Friday after-work… And he slept through all of these!!
- New clothes for me from Oasis (post to follow!)
- A haul for W from a NCT nearly new sale (post to follow!)
- 100 thank you cards from Vistaprint!
6 thoughts on “Weeks 8-9 of becoming a mummy – weight gain, jabs and yoga”
Can’t believe you had 2 nurses do them at the same time, so much nicer than me having to hold him on my knee for the first and turn him round for the second. Seemed so cruel!
Thanks for linking to #babybabble hun x
Sorry for the slow reply, this went into spam for some reason! The 2 nurses thing was very awesome, hope it’s the same next time! Has Fin had his second lot yet? we’re waiting for the appointment card for ours… xx
Looks like a lot has been happening! My twins loved their jungle gym and really enjoyed lying on it a lot! Look forward to more posts x
Sorry for the slow reply, not sure how I missed this comment sorry!
Weeks later he’s still loving the jungle gym…. and we haven’t even put batteries in it yet lol! xx
Awww fantastic news. We started to use little wrist and sock rattles when baby L was this age, helped her find her hands and feet.
Now she just throws them across the room! lol.