Little W is very similar to last week, we’ve had some better sleeps this week but other than that he continues to be extra cute and chilled, getting slightly bigger, louder and stronger by the day and week… This week we had a few firsts to share with you….
- First swimming lesson! – we had a free taster lesson with Swimkidz, daddy was his swimming partner as I am a wuss in water… And the 3 of us loved it! I was one proud momma especially when he got dunked underwater and didn’t cry! We’ll now book a course and go every week, we’ll keep you posted!
- First trip to the hairdressers with mummy – I haven’t had my hair done since January so it was a bit of a mess! My hairdresser Maggie at Sweeney’s in Cardiff is a new mum on maternity herself but she was back in for a couple of days so I booked us in…. He would normally have slept through this time of day but he was awake for most of it and I had to do my first breastfeed in public! Then when the Hairdryer was on he finally slept in my arms 🙂 I was very lucky that Maggie and her colleagues were all hugely baby-friendly so I felt at ease the whole time despite his awakeness!
- First mother/baby group – before having W I knew I wanted to go to groups to keep busy and meet other mums. One of my best friends and her 18-month old go to Jellybabies so I went along with them, it was nice to catch up with them and check out what a mother and baby group is like but it made me realise I’d get more out of them months down the line, not when W is as young as he is now! Although they had a health visitor and sling library set up which could come in handy over the next few weeks…
- First pub dinner – you’ll know that W has already been out for lunch, but this week he came up with us for a proper pub dinner as my parents were in town for the night, so we had a lovely meal in Cricketers, Cardiff and good little W slept through the entire 3 hours or so… Brilliant!
- First family walk around Roath park – one of Cardiff’s most popular walks with young families, we used to go there for walks long before W was a twinkle in our eyes, so it was lovely to go there with him and turn into one if those families we used to look at and think ‘aww how cute’!
Purchases and presents So it was a busy week! On top of that when my parents visited they brought him even more presents, inc. from their friends bless! We still haven’t had to buy him anything since be was born really as he was so spoilt, we did stock up on Bepanthen cream and got a free teddy with it this week, oh and had to buy our first lot of swimming nappies!
Like my weekly updates? Follow me on twitter @yummyblogger and never miss out on an update 🙂 Check out last week’s update here https://yummyblogger.com/2014/06/01/week-4-4th-week-of-being-a-mummy-wind-and-trips-out/