Being a mummy still rocks, little W rocks my world.
What we’ve been up to over the last week:
- the weekend was busy with lots of visitors from both of our families
- we had out first drive and walk together along Barry Island – W slept the whole way there, the whole walk and the whole way back 🙂
- he passed his hearing tests with flying colours 🙂
- he recovered his birth weight within 10 days 🙂
- he is getting stronger and stronger – stretching, kicking, gripping more and more every day!
- his long legs seem to be getting longer!
- Still feeding well
- daddy gave him his first bath and he loved it!
- he met his great-grandma… A v special moment 🙂
- he met his mummy’s best friends…. and all of these visitors have absolutely adored him as he’s so cute… and so well-behaved!
I know it’s too soon to worry about getting into a routine but here’s some of our current routines
- We have big feed/change/feed sessions at about 9am, noon, 4pm, 7pm, 11pm, 3am with some snacks in between
- He sleeps for most of the rest of the time so mid-morning and mid-afternoon are good for visitors/walks etc
- We do a load of washing for him every other day at the moment – I can’t believe how many muslins/towels/change mat liners we get through every day!
- We’ve hired a cleaner for a couple of hours every Friday afternoon – the best £25 a week I’m spending at the moment!
- I need to improve my nappy changing skills… A couple of times he ‘s ended up with a wet back 😦 #badmummy
- daddy going back to work sucked… I realised how much easier it is when both of us are here… But more importantly life is more fun when daddy’s home, we miss him! He did take us to Penarth Pier on Thursday after work though which we loved (and again, W slept through again!)
- W has learnt how to spray poo across walls and how to vomit a pile of sick over himself, mummy’s hair and back, and the nursery. Nice!
- I need to learn to nap a bit better… I’m getting by ok but a few more naps here and there would help!
Overall still loving life and can’t believe 2 weeks has already gone by!
did you read last week’s update: my first week of being a mummy?
21 thoughts on “Week 2 update – second week of being a mummy!”
Awww this makes me so happy for you and so excited for me! Sounds like you’re doing really well xxx
Thanks Hannah 🙂 typical as soon as I tell everyone how good he is he starts playing up a bit! I’m putting it down to the hot weather *crosses fingers*
Love it – sounds so perfect 🙂
I have to say, this “W has learnt how to spray poo across walls and how to vomit a pile of sick over himself, mummy’s hair and back, and the nursery. Nice!” made me laugh out loud 😛 I’m sure it was horrible, but it’s funny to read 😛
Question – Do you miss being pregnant, or is motherhood so awesome you haven’t given it a second thought?
Lol thanks Georgina… I was starting to think it was too good to be true that I hadn’t been puked on yet 🙂
Ummm I do miss my bump but I don’t really think about it… As much as I miss it I don’t miss the aches and pains that came with it…. It’s weird the couple of times I’ve nipped out on my own in the last couple of weeks… It’s weird being invisible again after months of people checking out the bump! Xx
Sounds like your all doing really well 🙂
Sadly the leaky nappies are quite normal in the early days, when he’s chunked up a bit it should get better.
I don’t think that £25 could be spent on anything better enjoy the luxury!
Diolch Katie… Thought it was just me that was rubbish with the nappies, relieved it’s not just me 🙂
And yep best money I’m spending at the mo! I actually have hardly spent any money in the last month… We stocked up on so much before baby arrived and haven’t had a chance to treat myself to anything new for a while (watch this space ) so I figure I might as well spend it on something useful! Xx
So lovely to see those baby grows on the line like that! I can’t wait to be doing the same.
I think everyone has nappy explosions so don’t be hard on yourself!
Good luck with the naps 🙂
Roxy the Midwife
Thanks Roxy 🙂 just been checking out your blog… I look forward to following the rest of your pregnancy and seeing how a midwife gets on 🙂
Midwives rock xxx
Thanks Heledd! I really enjoyed a trip over to your blog and hope that you get some quiet time with your baby 🙂 xxx
It sounds like you’re having a great week and enjoying being a new mummy. You’ve brought back some funny memories for me! When our twins had been in special care for a while, they transferred from their closed incubators into open ones. I was changing R’s nappy and she pooped, but if flew across the room and splatted everywhere! All over the incubator, floor, walls – embarrassed wasn’t the word! I loved seenig little baby clothes on the washing line too! Thanks for linking up to the #binylinky
oh god that must have been mad – the poo in the hospital! every day is an adventure isn’t it – today W peed on his face when I was changing his nappy – ooooops!x
Exciting times, I loved the first few weeks dispite being zombie like with tiredness, we had our fair share of explosive poo too, one on the hospital bed when I dared change her without a mat!!
Lol yeah I can’t imagine not using a mat… And we got through lots of towels/Muslins on top too!
Wait for the week 3 update… The sleep deprivation gets worse!! Xx
This takes me back… granted it was only 6 months ago but they change so quickly. It sounds like you are doing a fab job and Baby W is thriving. xx
I can imagine time flying – can’t believe he’s nearly a month old already – WTF!! Thanks for calling by 🙂 x
Sounds like your doing great!
I still love putting babygrows on the washing line now after 3 children! 🙂
I can imagine never getting bored of these little babygros and clothes 🙂
Thanks for calling by 🙂 x
Congratulations 🙂 We started off with a wash every other day too – now she’s 9 weeks and it’s on twice a day! Sorry, that’s probably not what you wanted to hear! At least the house smells of fabric softener though! #BabyBabble
OMG can’t believe I might get to 2 washes a day!! Already some days are mad when poo goes everywhere and leaks on to his vest