Being a mummy still rocks, little W rocks my world.
What we’ve been up to over the last week:
- the weekend was busy with lots of visitors from both of our families
- we had out first drive and walk together along Barry Island – W slept the whole way there, the whole walk and the whole way back 🙂
- he passed his hearing tests with flying colours 🙂
- he recovered his birth weight within 10 days 🙂
- he is getting stronger and stronger – stretching, kicking, gripping more and more every day!
- his long legs seem to be getting longer!
- Still feeding well
- daddy gave him his first bath and he loved it!
- he met his great-grandma… A v special moment 🙂
- he met his mummy’s best friends…. and all of these visitors have absolutely adored him as he’s so cute… and so well-behaved!
I know it’s too soon to worry about getting into a routine but here’s some of our current routines
- We have big feed/change/feed sessions at about 9am, noon, 4pm, 7pm, 11pm, 3am with some snacks in between
- He sleeps for most of the rest of the time so mid-morning and mid-afternoon are good for visitors/walks etc
- We do a load of washing for him every other day at the moment – I can’t believe how many muslins/towels/change mat liners we get through every day!
- We’ve hired a cleaner for a couple of hours every Friday afternoon – the best £25 a week I’m spending at the moment!
- I need to improve my nappy changing skills… A couple of times he ‘s ended up with a wet back 😦 #badmummy
- daddy going back to work sucked… I realised how much easier it is when both of us are here… But more importantly life is more fun when daddy’s home, we miss him! He did take us to Penarth Pier on Thursday after work though which we loved (and again, W slept through again!)
- W has learnt how to spray poo across walls and how to vomit a pile of sick over himself, mummy’s hair and back, and the nursery. Nice!
- I need to learn to nap a bit better… I’m getting by ok but a few more naps here and there would help!
Overall still loving life and can’t believe 2 weeks has already gone by!
did you read last week’s update: my first week of being a mummy?